Sunday, July 15, 2012

"Il dolce far niente."

"Il dolce far niente" or.. "the sweetness of doing nothing"
the last couple days since summer school ended have been extremely mellow.
(like the kind of mellow where I sleep in past noon, do some stuff around the apartment, and there's a good chance I don't leave all day).
Maegan and I were talking about how in our society we have this strange idea that we need to have done a long list of "to-do's" before we are allowed to relax (and my dad has instilled this idea in my head as well, let me tell you)... and which most of the time, for the sake of not being a lazy-under productive member of society with no life, this is a little true...
but in other societies, they believe we should be able to relax, take a day off, be lazy, any day, any time just because it's our prerogative as human beings to be able to enjoy life whether we've done enough to "deserve" it or not.
With that being said, I would say I deserve it. 
I am giving myself these few days, before we move out and "real life" starts to really happen, to relax... and just enjoy this time in my apartment.
 
To watch movies like "Eat, Pray, Love" that remind me of the wonders of this world...
to listen to some heart melting music (see Buble, below) and to just daydream a little... of things to come.. and of the crazy things that have happened this last year... 
(I have been feeling me some Michael Buble lately.)
I hope this weekend, or this week, you are able to allow yourself some time to embrace the idea of "Il dolce far niente." Peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment