Thursday, August 11, 2011

My summer.. and Country music..

So I know that I already posted about my Summer Songs... but as I sit here drinking my coffee and have Country Music video's playing in the background, and as I think about my summer soon coming to an end, I am coming to realize how much of an impact Country music had on my summer. No, i'm not saying that the music changed the events that occured, or made any events magically happen, but what it did do was join me every day of this summer and because of that, there are so many songs that as soon as I hear them, I think about this summer, being home and spending time with Thomas.

When I hear songs like "Just a Kiss," "Are you gunna kiss me or not," "Don't you wanna stay," "Crazy Girl," "Dirt Road Anthem," "Huntin the World," "Barefoot blue jean night," "Made in America," "Way out here," "Voices," "Remind Me," "Austin"... and sooo soo many others, I am instantly brought back "home," or to Thomas' house.. and I don't ever want to leave.

This summer has been so much more than I could have imagined. So many things have happened, so many things have changed. To be completley forward, my life was changed. I "met" a man that I never new existed... I mean, of course I knew he existed, I've known him for what, 6 years now?.. But I had no idea who he really was. I've never been happier. Going back to school is going to be really hard.. but with frequent home visits, modern technology and Country music I think i'll be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment