Friday, August 26, 2011

it may not sound like much, but it's where i'm from..

I love my hometown. For so many reasons... I could probably make a list of things with the title "You know you live in Salinas when..."


I have a man that I appreciate so much. I've known him for years.. and when I think back to how I "thought" about him in high school it makes me realize how small of a town Salinas is, and that God can sometimes surprise you with his plans for your life..

Seeing this sign, leading up to the street I take to get to my house, can sometimes bring tears of joy to my eyes when I see it after being away for a period of time, yes.. I love my hometown THAT much..
It is also part of the norm to see a tractor like this on the road, either in the lane next to you, or in front of you causing a traffic jam..

I also LOVE my high school.. It's cheesy I know, but I really do! and last weekend when I was there for my little brother's football game I was so excited to be on the field.. anytime I think about being a high school English teacher, I really only every picture doing it there..

Another thing my town has a LOT of is Chevy trucks.. This is my boyfriends truck, and I LOVE it... I seriously have an attachment to it.

Also, a lot of times, those Chevy's will be driving down the street, and in the front of the truck you can see that they have a cowboy hat sitting there... This always makes me really happy.


I really can't wait to move back home.. I love Salinas... silly I know.. but it's the little things that about it that I love and that make me really happy.. and I might be a little homesick already..

No comments:

Post a Comment