Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Tribute to These Ladies.. and some Spring Break Adventures!

I don't even know how to start this blog.
On Friday at 2am Maegan got here from LA!
I was so excited for my roommate to finally be here so
that I could show her my amazing home town(s).
Then... at 2:30 in the afternoon on Saturday, Gail called me asking how I would feel about her and Natalie coming here!.... uhhhhhhh HELLO!! GET OVER HERE!! I was SO beyond excited for them to get here! It was going to be the two amazing two(somes) coming together to explore these amazing towns that are Monterey, Salinas and Carmel.



As our adventure began, I decided that I wanted to take these girls to a place that has always been magical to me, the Forest Theater in Carmel.



We played, and walked around all the pretty shops and walked down to the water and took a bunch of pictures up in trees! It was perfect.



I have to talk about these girls, because they have literally been my sanity in Northridge. Because I haven't been able to see Amanda as much at all this semester (and she is just my sanity, period) I was starting to go a little insane.



I don't know exactly how we all started hanging out as much as we do, but I am so greatful that we did. I have regained my sanity and have been learning so much about myself and life since I have been spending so much time with these amazing ladies.
They are all DZ's, all alumn, but I love this because this has just proven to me that being a part of this whole sorority thing has really given me real sisters!



I want to say a little bit about each of them individually...
Starting with Gail.
"Gail the Snail"... when I first met Gail I was SUPER intimidated. I knew that she was a lot older than me in the Greek system and for whatever reason, I couldn't tell you, I thought that she was SCARY and MEAN.
This was obviously before I knew her at all.
Gail is one of the best people I have ever met since I moved away to school.
She is so selfless, kind, positive and uplifting.
She makes me laugh so much and I love spending time with her.
She has given me insights on life that I never would have thought of on my own.
I love hearing her opinion on things and she has always been able to give me the best advice.
She is also one of the most talented artists I have ever met in my life.
I love Gail.
She is so smart and so pretty. = ]



Maegan.
"Maaaaaaegan! Like leggin!!"
Maegan IS my sister.
I met this girl on a complete and total chance of fait!
We met on facebook, so cliche, when we were looking for roommates at the DZ house and she was telling me that she was the "transfer from SDSU".... little did I know.
We moved in together and that was IT.
I have gone through so much with this girl and I do not know what I would do without her.
She is one of the strongest women I have ever met in my life. No matter what is going on in her life, big or small, she always respondes with such grace and beauty and I just don't know how she does it. I love her so much and I cannot imagine doing this college experience without her!



Now NATALIE.
Oh "Nat Nat the Baseball Bat!"
Natalie also came into my life on a whim. She is a very dear friend of Gail's and because of that, she has now become a very dear friend of mine.
She brings so much brightness and joy into my life.
She makes me smile and laugh so much.
Natalie is such an amazing women, she is so smart and so pretty (but really though, she is)
and has brought so many amazing, unexpected experiences into my life and I love her for it.



Long story short,
I love these girls.

I have already had an AMAZING spring break.
They are probably the only reason I'm not
COMPLETELY dreading having to go back to Northridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment