Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Green Dress Challenge Update!! (Day 1-5)

Alright! So here's whats been happening with the Green Dress Challenge.
Day 1: I woke up and had coffee (with vanilla soy milk for creamer), scrambled eggs with tomatoes and onions and a banana for breakfast.
Now because breakfast was basically breakfast and lunch, I didn't eat again until dinner. Where I had pork tenderloin (seasoned with a seasoning called Mrs. Dash which is salt free) and lots and lots of asparagus and salad for dinner.



Since then, I have STRUGGLED. I haven't craved fast food or anything like that, because when I'm home I never eat fast food anyway. So when I go back to school I know that's going to be an issue. But I have been making breakfast sausage and a banana with my coffee my basic breakfast routine.

I've been making either Larabar's or fruit my snacks, and I have been having amazing dinners!
One night my parents made Tri-Tip steak, sweet potato fries and salad for dinner.
Another night we had a really yummy white wine, garlic and onion chicken recipe with zucchini and mashed potatoes, but I didn't eat the potatoes. = ]



Now here's the part of my diet that is going to have to be a slight compromise, but I will explain how I know I will still be successful with it.

For lunch the other day, me and the girls went out to Elli's. I got a club sandwich, with turkey, bacon, lettuce and cheese. I decided I would eat the cheese, because I am not planning on eating anything dairy in any other forms, and I ate the bread on only one half of each side of the sandwich, so basically I had only one piece of bread, and I had a salad with the italian dressing on the side and unsalted steamed veggies.

Let me explain.
I know that I am not supposed to be eating carbs, period. But here's where I have changed my mind on not eating carbs at all.
I LOVE carbs.
I am almost slightly addicted to them.
and I know that I need to MAJORLY cut back on them and only eat them in certain forms, so here's the conclusion I came to.

I am going to run off and eat a big bowl of pasta? NO.
I am going to eat a bagel for breakfast? NO.
am I going to have a heaping serving of mashed potatoes? NO!
am I going to run off and have rice as a whole meal? NO!
am I going to sit around eating baskets of fries? hell NO!

But here's what I am going to do.
I am going to say that it's ok to eat half the bread that is normal to be on a sandwich.
I am going to say it's ok to eat a tiny bit of rice if it's on my favorite food, aka sushi.

I am going to say this is all ok because,
like I said before,
I am ADDICTED to carbs.
and with this diet I am not trying to make myself miserable,
or make myself feel like crying when I'm sitting at a restaurant trying to decide what to order.
I am making a life style change.
and by eating basically 1/4 of the amount of carbs that I USED to eat on a daily basis, I am going to still be getting the carb amount that is ok for my body to have, and I won't turn into a raging lunatic because I am FORCING myself to not eat something that I really love.

"By eating the way you are now (even with the little amounts of carbs) you are already eating SO much healthier than you were!"
-Maegan Murray
(my really smart and pretty roommate)

I have been learning a LOT lately in my life about doing things that make me happy. Life is so short and I want as little of my life to be spent being unhappy.

"For every minute you are depressed, you lose out on 60 seconds of happiness."
-Mike Murray
(Maegan's dad... he's really smart).



Tonight Maegan and I made a delicious dinner!
We had turkey burgers with grilled onions and tomatoes on a 90 calorie whole wheat hamburger bun, and a very yummy Spring Mix salad!
OH! and some yummmmy strawberries!

Even though I have decided on making this diet a variation of the Paleo diet,
know that I am EXTREMELY motivated to losing this weight and making this a successfull lifechange for me!

I want to thank Ashleigh for all of her amazing encouragment, helpful hints and suggestions for helping me to make the decisions I have with this GREEN DRESS CHALLENGE!
I am soo proud of her! = ]

No comments:

Post a Comment