Saturday, December 31, 2011

Disney Food!

For the last few days my family and I were at Disneyland/California Adventure! It was an amazing time (more to come on that later), but on our first day in the park we wanted to try out a restaurant that we had seen Guy Fieri visit on a special Christmas episode of his food show "Diners, Drive-In's, & Dives." It was a restaurant called Cafe Orleans inside Disneyland. I was hoping that the food would be amazing, but unfortunately I wasn't too impressed with the food I (and my brothers) ordered. We started off with some garlic fries that were actually pretty good! Not too garlicy and had a yummy Parmesan taste.

My mom got French Onion soup that I tried a taste of and was pretty good!
My mom and dad got a salad with grilled salmon that was pretty good too (i'm not the biggest fan of salmon though).

and this was the main dish my brothers and I all got... it was not at all what we expected. It was called the "Monte Cristo" sandwhich and it was described as having turkey, ham and melted cheese and said it was "lightly" battered. There was not much meat at all, it was heavily battered (and the batter was sweet) and covered with powdered sugar. It was not that great, but it's presentation was amazing.

That night for dinner we stuck with a place we knew would be great, the "Rainforest Cafe," and it was simple, good food with great atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment