Thursday, December 8, 2011

the end is near!

May 25, 2012
This morning I turned in all my paperwork for graduation and I found out I will be walking on May 25, 2012. I have such a weird mixture of emotions about graduating. On the one hand I can't believe it's already here and on the other it feels like it's been such a long time coming. College has been an insane roller coaster, a huge journey and one of the most valuable life experiences I've ever had. I can't believe it is already coming to an end, I can't believe I did it (I mean, I haven't yet, but very very soon I will have). Finishing up finals for this semester (I'm done on Wednesday) and knowing that I will be done in only one more semester scares me. I am so excited but so nervous. I'm nervous for the life change that graduating college will bring. I'm nervous in the way I was when I graduated high school, or nervous in the way that I was before I moved to LA. I know what I'm doing after, so that part doesn't scare me, but leaving LA, not living with Maegan anymore, not living "on my own" and moving back home... all these things.. scary. It's going to be a huge change, but it's also a huge accomplishment. Just getting a text from my dad saying "I'm very proud of you" when I told him my date, brings tears to my eyes. I always thought of graduating college as being just as common as people graduating high school, but now that I've been in it, I've found out that that is not the case. I'm sad to be leaving CSUN, believe it or not, I'm sad to be leaving DZ and all my amazing friends and I'm super sad to be leaving behind all the professors that have helped me greatly and cared about me, and I'm super sad about leaving the Theatre department. This next semester is going to be insane, and I'm worried it will go by faster than I want it to, but I know I can't stay in the Neverland of college life forever... I just don't know if I'm quite ready to leave. I can't believe that after 5 years I will have a Bachelors Degree in Liberal Studies with a Minor in Theatre and Creative Writing, I also never thought that would be what my degree read. I can't believe all this... and I also can't wait to be a teacher.. but I'm getting ahead of myself.. I need to focus on the now and make it to next Wednesday. Happy Finals!

No comments:

Post a Comment