Wednesday, December 21, 2011

a new dinner experience..

the other night my family and I went out to dinner to a super nice Italian restaurant in Carmel called Il Fornaio. I don't usually do too well with restaurants this fancy, meaning if I don't understand everything on the menu, I get a little nervous, but this time I was feeling good about it.

There was a special where you could try 3 different dishes for $30 and I thought that sounded like a great idea (especially since it was dad's treat), and I also got the wine that was listed as the paired wine with my meal! I felt so grown up!
My salad had caramelized nuts, pears, and some really good dressing.

The pasta dish was penne pasta, meatballs, melted cheese and marinara sauce.

My main dish was chicken that was "stuffed" with ham and melted cheese, mashed potatoes and spinach.

The dessert, which was way too rich not to be shared, was a chocolate mousse type dessert on top of a sponge cake, it was delicious and very rich! It was a very yummy dinner experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment