Friday, December 23, 2011

it's a good thing I don't embarrass easily..

See these shoes?.. They just look like normal black, flat boots right? Wrong. They are cute and comfortable and have so far caused a lot of pain in my life but not in the way that you would think...


I have had these shoes for about a month (I got them on black Friday), and on two separate occasions I have taken a spill, and hard, while wearing these shoes. I usually have great balance, but the bottom of these shoes are so dang slippery! I didn't take the time to scuff them up with scissors or anything before now because I figured if I wore them enough that would happen on it's own, guess not.

So today, I'm on my way to work and I'm waiting in a little portable building for the shuttle I have to take to the mall (during the holidays mall employees have to park off-site and be shuttled in), and there was a stair case of about 6 metal steps leading up to this portable I was waiting in.. it was just me and two security guards at this time, and when I saw the shuttle had arrived I said "bye" the the guards and went to get on the shuttle. I took one step down the stairs and my feet flew out from under me and I fell down the stairs and landed on my butt on the ground at the bottom of the stairs! Needless to say, it hurt, but luckily I wasn't embarrassed.. but now my body (mostly my back) really hurts! (and I also scuffed up the bottom of my shoes with a box cutter as soon as I got to work) stupid boots. Hope you all can get a good laugh out of that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment