Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 29

:favorite tv shows and why you like them

My favorite show, by far, is "Gilmore Girls."
I started watching it when I was in 8th or 9th grade..
I must make a confession and say that for some reason, not sure why,
I never actually watched it on it's night that it was aired on tv..
I only ever watched it online, and then on dvd once they were released.



For Christmas two years ago, my ex-boyfriend Michael bought me
the SERIES box set. That means he bought me
season 1-7 on DVD!! Probably one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever
received. No joke. I've watched at least one episode basically
everyday since I got it.

(Lorelai and Rory from Season 1)



(Lorelai and Rory Season 7)


"Gilmore Girls" is my favorite show for many reasons.
The first time I ever watched the show was at my friend Amy Whitacre's house.
I was spending the night and we wanted to watch a movie. I told her I didn't watch "those type of shows," putting "Gilmore Girls" in the same category as a show like "the OC" or "One Tree Hill," but she promised that if I watched at least the pilot episode that I would love it.
So we watched the pilot....... and then the rest of the season in one night!

I was in love. I wanted me and my mom to be just like Lorelai and Rory, granted we are pretty close to that now, we weren't so much then. Not only did I want that, but I wanted to find a town just like Stars Hallow and move there. I also wanted
"Luke's" (the diner in the show) to be real, so that I could go there every day.
I also wanted to be able to talk as fast and with that many pop-culture references in my daily conversation. Those girls are so witty.

By far, my favorite show of all time.
P.S.
Did I mention that I am naming my daughter Lorelai? No questions asked.
It's happening.

= ]]



1 comment:

  1. I have all of the Gilmore Girls seasons too and I watch them on repeat! When I finish all the seasons, I start at season 1 again. They're background entertainment whenever I'm doing homework.

    ReplyDelete