Saturday, March 19, 2011

My new "30 Day" Challenge! The Green Dress Challenge.

OK. Here's the deal.
I have always been a pretty skinny girl... and always very active...
and for the past year or so... this has changed and I am NO LONGER ok with it, AT ALL.
So here's what I'm going to do.

Here's the dress.
I found this dress in my closet this weekend, and I had completely forgotten about it.. and I want to wear it! But here's the thing, it no longer fits.

So I'm going to call this blog/challenge the "Green Dress Challenge" and I am going to tell myself that my goal is going to be able to wear this dress to my cousin Chelsea's graduation in May.


And here's how I plan to make it happen.
After being inspired by my friend Ashleigh Murtha, who lost 20 lbs on the Paleo diet, I have decided that I'm going to go on a "version" of this diet. I am really bad with diets.. and self control with food. So I can't follow the Paleo diet exactly... but I'm going to eat much much better.

I'm cutting out soda and fast food, including Chilis. (as hard as that is to say, I have to.)
and I'm going to start eating much simpler, healthier meals.

Lean meats, veggies, fruits, nuts and minimal carbs.
and LOTS more water.

I am also going to get a membership at LA Fitness for the rest of the semester while I'm in Northridge.



I know this is going to be difficult... but I DO NOT want to look like this anymore,
and for me it's not even about the amount (or #) that I weight.. it's about what I look like, and liking what I see when I look in the mirror.

So I am going to check in with this blog every day, recording what I have been eating, talking about my challenges, temptations and my progress... and I'll post pictures of how I look in the dress... no matter how minimal the change.

This is probably going to be really hard, so i'm going to need support, but I need to do this for myself. To feel healthier and happier in my own skin.

1 comment:

  1. Corinne, you inspire me all the time. Just sayin'. But I was looking to start something like this and you just gave me my motivation. And with a deadline we both want to meet, we can hold eachother accountable. Deal? (:
    You should go read my last post, there's a little something in there you might find interesting. I love you bunches, cousin!

    ReplyDelete