Saturday, March 5, 2011

Go to Grandma's... Leave with Treasures!

Today was brilliant. I woke up early and got ready for a mother/daughter day! My mom and I went into town around 9:30 and got some yummy Starbucks before we went over to get our traditional mother/daughter pedicures! (Which were MUCH needed). Then we went over to Marina where we took care of some stupid computer nonsense at Best Buy then went to TARGET!!!!! We spent about 2 hours there just running around looking at shoes, clothes and getting some groceries and other essentials.
Soon the time came, and we went home to get ready (from scratch) to get our church directory pictures taken and then go over to Grandma and Grandpa's for dinner!


Here's some pictures of our night! = ]
Here's me, my mom and Grandma. Grandma and mom were
really the only ones cooking, but I stood close buy, observing and drinking my wine.




Casey and mom! = ] He's so tall!!



Cam and I. I believe he's comment on this picture was something
to the effect of "man, we look asian!"
What can I say... that little bit of Japanese tends to pop up
every once in a while.



One of the highlights of the evening!
My grandparents are moving about 4 hours north to some retirement property
and are needing to get rid of some stuff that they don't really have
space for. This is an "antique" piece that my grandma bought when my mom was about 10.
I have always thought that this was such a pretty piece. It has 5 mirrors and a bunch of drawers,
and the wood is so beautiful.
Long story short, she asked me if I wanted it!! YES!!
I am so excited to use this piece in my own space! (Once I have my own space that is).




Another really cool part of the night, was that my Grandma was wanting to
give away/get rid of a bunch of blankets that she's made and has had sitting around forever.
So I decided to take these 2! My Grandma made the blue one and my Great-grandma made
the brown and orange(ish) one! They are super soft and cozy.
I also got to take a really cool jewelry box and pretty fabric covered journal
off her hands. = ]]



The last (but not really) really cool thing I got out of the night was
picking up a book called "Victorian San Fransisco" and in it
my Grandma showed me this beautiful mansion.
She then told me that it belonged to my (I think) great-uncle?
Anyway, his name was L.L. Baker, and he is a relative of mine.. I believe
she said he was my great-grandma's brother.
Anyway, I thought it was really cool to see that this beautiful home
(complete with 3 stories, a library, a music room, and doors with stain glass windows)
once was my family members HOME!



I love being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment